Sunday, September 23, 2012

twenty four

24 years ago... TWENTY FOUR!!! let me digress for just a minute or three. seriously, how did this happen?!?!?! i ask myself "where did it all go? where on earth did 24 years go?!?!?!" i have been present for every single one of them, rather my seats have been front row and center or the nose bleed section. no matter how grown and mature he becomes, i will always see him as my boy.

deep breath.

its hard to believe my oldest son is in his mid twenties. crazy-crazy-crazy-crazy! seeing him continue to grow. face life head on. not running from responsibilities. working. struggling. managing. over coming. teasing. laughing. playing. being a single parent is not even close to being easy and he does it well.

this past year he:
  • has began mastering his daddy face (because kids say and do the funnest things and sometimes its really-super-terribly hard to keep a straight face).
  • has yelled at his mother because she doesn't need to keep a straight face anymore ;)
  • read stories to his son before bed time
  • pulled slivers out of the same little boy who can be overly dramatic
  • has been teaching his son, tantrums do not get you what you want...
  • went camping
  • fishing
  • hunted
  • road a motorcycle
  • bought a motorcycle
  • got a motorcycle license on his first try
  • ran a red light (on accident) not with the motorcycle, but in his mothers truck lol
  • hung out with his brother
  • went to wendover to see a comedian with his buddy
he has made me proud. he continues to make me smile with his wit and smarts. his mannerism remind me so much of my fathers and his laugh reminds me of HIS father. what an amazing man he has grown into. what an incredible father he is to his son. when he is looking at his boy, i tell him, "you see how your son looks to you right now? this is how i still see you sometimes." :) my grams told me before she passed, this never goes away no matter how old everyone gets (:

wishing my oldest son the happiest of birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment